Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Cattle Cars for Calamity's Railroad

I'm always keeping an eye out for deals on rolling stock for Calamity's railroad. This week, in the after Christmas sales, I found a couple of cattle cars. At this point I'm pretty much just need boxcars. I wish I could figure out why Bachmann doesn't want to keep ordinary boxcars in production. The only ones currently available are $50+ each from a couple of other companies. The only ones available from Bachmann are some ventilated boxcars that I have no interest in. Hopefully I'll find some cheap ones at some point. Here are a couple of shots with the citizens of Calamity for a little scale check. I'm sure some nefarious plan is in the works since Dave "Mac" is on the scene with his ever present deck of cards.






5 comments:

  1. Well nice find rather than nice work! I didn't really do anything more than buy them and take them out of the boxes for the photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cars !! perfect with your beautiful figures !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The narrow gauge proportions of O scale goe quite well with most of the western minis. Although some of the older lines are still a bit small.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They do! I'm glad I decided to go with On30 instead of S scale, so much easier to find stuff.

      Delete