Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Painting the Trenchworx WWI Rolls-Royce Armored Car

I had assembled the Rolls-Royce Armored Car from the Trenchworx kickstarter within days of it landing on my doorstep. I primed it a while back as well, one of those times when I had the airbrush out and priming other miniatures. This is going to be my entry in the vehicle/ordnance category at ReaperCon so I figured I better at least get started. I have some examples of some hard edged camouflage patterns that I thought I would try to duplicate, we will see how that goes!

I started out by using Reapers Burnt Umber to lay in the dark undertones. I like this color a lot, its very thin out of the bottle unusual for the Reaper HD line of paints. I followed this up with the main color Vallejo Model Air Middlestone. I went ahead and applied this as my base color over the whole model. During my next session I'll start applying the frisket to apply the next camo color. This will be an another Vallejo Model Air color but I haven't quite decided on the brown, it will be dark though, maybe a chocolate brown. Will have to think about it.

This is where I'm at after cleaning up my airbrush.

Reaper HD Burnt Umber (from their latest Kickstarter)

Applying it to the shadow and lower areas of the vehicle




Here is the Middlestone applied over the whole vehicle. You can make out where its darker picking up the Burnt Umber that was applied first.






So far so good!

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely. Do you know if it's for sale was it just available from the Kickstarter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its available for $29 on the Trenchworx website. You should get one!

      Delete