Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, April 3, 2015

Painting the Trenchworx WWI Rolls-Royce Armored Car - Return of Camo

I continue to move along as quickly as possible. This evening I worked up all the basic camo. The base is still Middlestone, but this time the lighter color is Palamino Gold from the Reaper Master Series, and the dark tone is Vallejo Model Color German Black and Vallejo Model Air Green (at the moment I have forgotten which one).

Over the weekend I'll need to apply a filter, a semi-gloss finish, lining, rust, mud and dust. No problem!

I'm happier with the pattern and I'm happier with the colors. So far so good.

Tonight's work:

Palamino Gold over Middlestone


Adding in my German Black plus some Green (fortunately its still on the desk I'll remember to write it down)


Out lining the camo with the same black/green


2 comments:

  1. Bummer about having to strip it, but you've got it looking quite good relatively quickly. Honestly this is the biggest hang up I have about really pushing myself to weather. I don't want to ruin a paint job I've worked so hard on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I understand that. I should have practiced on an old piece first to make sure I could control the effect. I'll go back to my comfort zone on this next go around and pull out the pigments.

      Delete