Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Up Scaling Calamity - Building Outlines

I spent the afternoon cutting out building floors and two of the three sections of the board. These are all built on a scale of 1/2" = 1" so a building I intend to be 4 1/2" wide and 7 1/2" long will measure out 2 1/4" wide and 3 3/4" long so half the actual size. The two boards that I cut out are 12" x 24" and have a 6"x 6" grid drawn on them.

My intent is to draw out the initial board on the grid based on my sketches and then use the various sizes of floors that I cut out to determine the building arrangement. Once I have done this then I can build small prototype models of the buildings that will make up Calamity on the full size board. Everything I have cut out so far is generic so a couple of the more ornate structures haven't been cut out yet, like the larger saloon and railroad station structures. I also intend to build and scenic the entire board so it will be a working scale model of Calamity when I'm done.

The pictures aren't very good at this stage but I think you will get the idea.


Stacks of building templates ranging from 8 1/4" to 3" wide and 7 1/2" to 1 1/2" long 

Two of the three boards, sadly out of focus. Trust me there are some grid lines drawn on there!

A scattering of buildings of different sizes arranged on the two boards

No comments:

Post a Comment