Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Team Yankee - Filters and Washes

First thing I had to do was redo my efforts on the APC interior green and repaint the interior of the hatches in NATO Green. Once that was done I applied the filter. I went, again with the tan filter as it seems to be the best compromise on almost any type of 3 tone camouflage. I followed that up with a dark wash wiping most of the wash off the high points. I'm not sure the results are all that visible at this scale, but I'm trying to develop the process. I should have applied a gloss coat after the filter had dried and before I applied the wash. The wash would have behaved better and I wouldn't have damaged any of the existing paintwork.

The lights at my desk are driving me crazy, I really need to do something to be able to take better pictures and actually see what I'm working on.

Tan filter added. This helps blend the camo work together a bit.







Dark wash applied and wiped off the high surfaces.















2 comments:

  1. It is impressive how much the tan filter brought everything together and made the vehicles look more "real".

    Scrubbing the wash off (and possibly damaging the paint work) may actually be a benefit, as I would expect the upper surfaces of tanks to be pretty weathered by boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point. Hopefully these can get a gloss coat tonight so they are ready for decals and I can get them closer to the finished pile.

      Delete